Wednesday 3 January 2018

#B.R.A.G. Medallion for The Taexali Game!

Happy 3rd January to you!

It was a complete delight to read an email stating that The Taexali Game had been awarded a B.R.A.G. Medallion.

This is a very great honour and I'm humbled to be joining a long line up of hugely worthy authors on the indieB.R.A.G. website. To be able to declare myself as a 'B.R.A.G. Medallion Honoree' on my website and blog gives me immense pleasure because I've recently got to know some historical authors who are also on the indieB.R.A.G. website and their work is incredibly good. 

So what does that acronym stand for and how did The Taexali Game come to gain such an impressive status?

The indie part is fairly self-explanatory and indicates that only self published books of a certain high standard  qualify for an award from the site.

B.R.A.G. stands for Book Readers Appreciation Group.

The Taexali Game was read by a number of readers who thoroughly 'marked it off according to 10 strict criteria' e.g title; cover; plot; characters; writing style; dialogue; chapters; copy editing; content editing... and most important for me as a brand new self- publisher...formatting!

That highly important formatting process which took me on and off a whole month of effort to be sure of!

Out of 10 categories The Taexali Game was awarded a 5/5 in 8 of the categories which delights me very much.

So having achieved the personal status of being a B.R.A.G. Medallion Honoree what's next?

Actually, I'm not sure, apart from the fact that I'll be proclaiming it highly around and about and I'll be adding the new cover with explanation on the sidebar of this blog. And then it'll be a website change....and then who knows? 

Meanwhile a little celebratory drink is in order.

Slainthe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)