Sunday 14 February 2016

Facebook Ads- work? or not?

Happy Sunday wishes to you - oh, and it's Valentine's Day as well! 

I decided after a pretty useless attempt at doing a Facebook Ad Campaign during 2015 that I'd probably not try again. That didn't last because I've got one going right now- in fact for the two days from Sat 13th to Sunday 14th Feb. I've tried harder to narrow down the targeted audience but have to admit that it's still baffling using the Facebook Campaign process. What I want to do doesn't seem to be an option. It tells me that my target area is pretty broad but dropping that balloon on a map is unbelievably difficult. It makes suggestions for the best audience to aim for, but then doesn't have the boxes to tick for a romantic suspense or for a romantic corporate sabotage mystery. However...

I'll be watching the numbers on Amazon to see if they change at all. If not, I'll have wasted a lot of my money, again.

Practically speaking, I also realise that there are huge amounts of romances that have been seriously discounted, and many are FREE for the weekend, so gaining any sales is a huge challenge. Maybe my covers will be fresh in reader's minds and that might be good for later...

We authors live in hope. Meanwhile, here's another of my recent Valentine posters.


Should you be so inclined to want to boost my sales of these 5 * rated contemporary romantic mysteries, just click HERE and HERE
Slainthe! 

1 comment:

  1. I wish you all the best in all your future endeavors! In today's social media/internet based world, it can be so hard to get ahead in your business endeavors. I hope your advertising wasn't a waste and you'll see those sales numbers spike! So many authors use Facebook advertising to boost their presence and sales, I hope it works for you as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)