Sunday 23 November 2014

Gratifying reviews!

Happy Sunday to you!

It is a very happy Sunday for me because I have just checked in to my Amazon author page and I found 3 brand new 5* reviews posted a couple of days ago. (21st November Amazon UK)

A reader named K. Peacock (no, I do not know the man) has posted short but fabulous reviews for all 3 books in my Celtic Fervour Series. I am so gratified to find he enjoyed reading my novels. This what makes the agonising process of writing them very worthwhile. I don't need huge long re-dos of my plot in a review - these short ones are absolutely perfect and cover the aspects the reader has enjoyed.

Since he has listed the reviews under 'paperback' versions I have to assume he has bought a 3-pack version of my novels directly from me at one of the Craft Fairs where I've recently been selling ...or he has bought it from The Scottish Crannog Centre at Loch Tay, the shop having stocked some of my novels to sell. 

Wherever you bought them from - Thank you very much indeed K.Peacock. 

Here's what he has to say:



5.0 out of 5 stars Great characterisation and well paced story, 21 Nov 2014
By 
K. Peacock "Bridie Bhoy" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)   
This review is from: The Beltane Choice (Paperback)
 
A thoroughly enjoyable read. Great characterisation and well paced story. Highly recommended.




5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series of novels, 21 Nov 2014
By 
K. Peacock "Bridie Bhoy" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)   
A fantastic follow-up to the brilliant Beltane Choice. The author really gets inside the heads of the characters so you completely empathise with, and understand, their feelings and actions - even when you/they disagree with them. Highly recommend this series of novels.

This review is from:  After Whorl: Donning Double Cloaks

5.0 out of 5 stars  brilliant action & characters 21 Nov 2014
Format:Paperback
The third, and best so far, novel in the Celtic series. More of action in this book, but still makes the characters real and alive. The action shifts up to the Garioch area for the decisive battle at Bennachie and the sad aftermath (obviously from a Celtic rather than Roman perspective). I can't wait for the next episode in this fantastic series. 

This is a great way to start off th coming week since it also happens to be 'Bookweek Scotland'. More of this tomorrow.
Happy Reading to you! 

Slainthe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)