Wednesday 15 January 2014

Editing today!

Hello!

Yesterday, it was one of my very long shifts when I childmind my adorable granddaughter. I don't get much time for anything writerly, since the very active almost 2 and 1/2 year old is on the move all day long. No naps now - she's far too big a girl for that. I was thorougly entertained, though, since she talks constantly like a bubbly jock.

www.123rf.com

Oh dear, lion above is saying. "Have I made all those errors?" 

Today, I have to play huge catch up. Having finished the rewrites to my time travel novel, which I'm going to market as a YA novel (early teens), I'm now beginning the First Edits to - After Whorl: Donning Double Cloaks - Book 3 of my Celtic Fervour series. Having scanned it quickly, it's as I suspected and mentioned recently. I need to accept lots of changes - though almost all are the changes to 'italics' for the use of Scottish Gaelic, and the changes to Latin terms being 'normal text'. I expected that so you'd think it will be a quick read through the manuscript.

I'm afraid that's not how I work! I haven't read the manuscript since its submission back in August 2013 so I want to make sure I've 'nit- picked' it to ensure it's as perfect as I can make it. I might only be expecting  my readers to pay fairly cheap prices, £1.99 for an ebook and around £5.99,  if it goes to print, but my readers all deserve the very best from me. There are a few other processes that I intend to sort out during these edits, but since I'm writing a guest blog post about them for an imminent visit to a Crooked Cat Author friend - I'll not write them here. (Look out for a guest post very soon at Jeff Gardiner's Blog!)
 
I also have another guest post to write that's now overdue, and two sets of interview questions for blog guests. That said - I wish everyone a very good day. Happy reading and should you read any of my books, I'd love some reviews on Amazon or Goodreads for my novels because they're sadly lacking TLC. 

Of course, I mustn't forget that I need to contact the local newspapers and see if they'll put in a feature to help me get votes for TOPAZ EYES  which has been nominated for THE PEOPLE'S BOOK PRIZE 2014 Fict. 

Where's that list of mine? Anything else on for today? ... I'll let you know.




Amazon US Author Page:  http://amzn.to/RJZzZz

Amazon UK author Page:


I'm beginning to wonder what the cover for Book 3 might be like. Any suggestions I can put to my publisher?

Slainthe!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)