Thursday 20 September 2012

Sunshine Blog Award

Sunshine Blog Award


Today I received a ‘Sunshine Blog Award’ from my friend Paula Martin, who is the very best of cyber friends. She’s always willing to help other authors and her genuine interest in people sings through in her writing. She can be reached at: http://paulamartinpotpourri.blogspot.co.uk/






Now I have to answer 8 questions

1. What is your favourite Christmas/festive movie?

I don’t think I have one. We’re more a family who plays board games at Christmas than the watching movies type. That means we tend to see what would have been new Christmas movies much later than Christmas Day.

 2. What is your favourite flower?

I love many flowers for different reasons. Some are more cheery and lighten the mood, others I love because they just look fabulous in an arrangement. My all time favourites for summer colour in my garden are bright red pelargonium/geraniums.  

3. What is your favourite non-alcoholic beverage?

I must be totally honest here and say that I’m predictable in that I drink coffee, tea, herb teas and water…and not much else.

4. What is your passion?

Do I have one? Reading enjoyable stories, having fun with my family…and of course my writing! That is when the writing is flowing well. Being in the doldrums, I do not feel passionate about at all.

5. What is your favourite time of year?

Probably winter for mostly very lazy reasons. The good bits are that I adore freshly fallen snow and icy temperatures outside my window. Inside I want to be warm, and cosy though. The lazy bits are that I can sit and admire said wintry weather and know that I don’t have to go out and actually do any work in the garden.
  
6. What is your favourite time of day?

Probably after the ‘dead’ time post lunch. My writing seems to be more productive in the late afternoon and early evenings, so I like that time. I also have a break to have dinner around 7 p.m. which is very welcome! The glass of red wine can sometimes have the creative juices flowing very nicely afterwards, too.   

7. What is your favourite physical activity?

I’m very lazy these days and don’t do very much apart from climbing onto my exercise bike. I’m getting to love taking my granddaughter out in her buggy for longer walks now, on the couple of days I child mind her every week.  

8. What is your favourite vacation?

I’ve had many different vacations doing different activities so it’s very hard to choose one. I do treasure a 3 week road trip taken over Christmas 2010-January 2011 when I travelled with my d/h, both of my daughters and their husbands. We travelled in a Dodge people carrier type vehicle from close to San Fransisco, all the way up to Vancouver, Canada, for New Year. That holiday saw us at Santa Cruz in 19 Deg Centigrade, buying a Christmas tree with my San Fransisco relatives -wearing T-shirts and shorts. Less than a week later, of course, Lake Tahoe and Whistler were seriously cold!
  
Thanks so much for this Award, Paula – and here are my 8 nominees to receive it from me: Karen Docter, Karen Michelle Nutt, Lisamarie Lamb, Kim Walker, Michela Sacchi O’Brien, Diane Burton, Helen Howell, Mackenzie Crowne.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks you so much for your kind words, Nancy :-)
    Love your answers, although i can't agree with you about winter!I'm always glad when winter's over.
    Your vacation sounded wonderful - I definitely love a trip like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)